Friday, November 12, 2010

Ghost

What's left of me is a ghost of who I used to be.
I'm crying as I write this because of self pity? Remorse?
There's no reason to be crying... And yet my heart doesn't believe me.
I repeat these words to myself over and over again but nothing happens.
I'm a ghost who fears being forgotten, who fears goodbyes, who fears herself.
All around me all I see are people who say one thing but think another.
I come to wonder if anyone I know is true to me, honest, pure.
I'm not without sin or without error myself, but sometimes I wonder.
I used to be so confident and strong, and now I'm a baby,
crying all by myself feeling bad for myself because no one else will,
no one else will feel bad for me, because they're all having too much fun.
I feel isolated and without a path to go about following.
I was fine, lonely, isolated, but okay, without a tear in my eye.
I work like an ox on a field with a plow attached to its back,
hoping that by giving myself little room to think I won't feel the pain.
I thought that working myself harder than ever would make me numb.
Up till now, I thought I was a part of a group, belonging and loved.
Now I know differently; I was nothing but something to laugh about to them.
This is my fault though, no one but my own damn fault.

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment